DRAF is looking for a new Collection Manager.
£25,000-30,000 (full time)
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your interest in the role and relevant experience to email@example.com
Deadline for Applications:
Monday 31 October 2016
Main Purpose of Job
• To organise, monitor and control the David Roberts Collection (‘the Collection’)
storage sites and facilities.
• To organise the transport of works to and from storage.
• To install artworks from the Collection for temporary exhibitions and displays at
various locations as required.
• Maintain good communication with other DRAF staff and external colleagues
involved in loans or acquisitions administration.
• Assist in the organisation of exhibition displays at DRAF.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Assess and control the security of the Collection warehouses and organise all aspects
of the warehouses.
• Maintain the warehouses as safe and clean at all times, setting up maintenance
contracts where necessary.
• Propose technical, safety and environmental improvements for the warehouses,
liaising with the Chief Curator and external companies.
• Take responsibility for the security of the building, reporting any problems.
• Maintain records of warehouse expenses, including building management and
conservation and packing materials.
• Manage the safety of artworks in storage at all times, making sure works are properly
crated and packed, labelled and organised
• Organise with artists, galleries, transport companies and borrowers the safe receipt,
storage and retrieval of artworks, and supervise pick ups and deliveries.
• On occasion, act as a courier for loans.
• Produce and update condition reports on all works before departure and after arrival.
Assess conditions of packing before departure and upon arrival.
• Organise and install temporary exhibitions and displays at DRAF or external venues of works from the David Roberts Collection.
• Advise on technical requirements and equipment for the installation of works when required.
• Assist and advise on the planning and organisation of exhibitions at DRAF – including finding materials, freelance technicians, equipment etc.
• UK driving license
• Confidence and experience in art handling, including valuable and fragile artworks
• Experience in operating stacker/pallet trucks
Position in Organisation:
Reports to Chief Curator