We are looking for a Collection Manager for the David Roberts Collection.
Job Title: Collection Manager, David Roberts Collection, London
To Apply: Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your interest in the role and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applications: Monday 8 February 2016
Main Purpose of Job:
• Organise, monitor and control the David Roberts Collection (‘the Collection’) storage sites and facilities.
• Organise the transport of works to and from storage.
• Install artworks from the Collection for temporary exhibitions and displays at various locations as required.
• Maintain good communication with other DRAF staff and external colleagues involved in loans or acquisitions administration.
• Assist in the organisation of exhibition displays at DRAF.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Assess and control the security of the Collection warehouses and organise all aspects of the warehouses.
• Maintain the warehouses as safe and clean at all times, setting up maintenance contracts where necessary.
• Propose technical, safety and environmental improvements for the warehouses, liaising with Chief Curator and external companies.
• Take responsibility for the security of the building, reporting any problems.
• Maintain records of warehouse expenses, including building management and consevation and packing materials
• Manage the safety of artworks in storage at all times, making sure works are properly crated and packed, labelled and organised
• Organise with artists, galleries, transport companies and borrowers the safe receipt, storage and retrieval of artworks, and supervise pick ups and deliveries.
• On occasion, act as a courier for loans.
• Produce and update condition reports on all works before departure and after arrival. Assess conditions of packing before departure and upon arrival.
• Organise and install temporary exhibitions and displays at DRAF or external venues of works from the David Roberts Collection.
• Advise on technical requirements and equipment for the installation of works when required.
• Assist and advise on the planning and organisation of exhibitions at DRAF – including finding materials, freelance technicians, equipment etc.
• UK driving license.
• Confidence and experience in art handling, including valuable and fragile artworks.
• Experience in operating stacker/pallet trucks.
Position in Organisation: Reports to Chief Curator